So you've been pinning images to your Pinterest board and watching all the home renovation shows and you're getting the itch to remodel. But where do you begin? You can easily become overwhelmed with all of the options from materials to design to technology and more; it's important to be organized before you move forward. This organization starts by understanding what it is you actually want, what the goal of your renovation is, and how you'll get there.
Here are nine general questions you should ask yourself before beginning the process.
1. What is the main reason you want to remodel?
2. What budget range have you established for your kitchen project?
3. How long do you intend to own the jobsite residence? Is return on investment a primary concern?
4. What do you dislike most about your present space? Why?
5. What do you like most about your present space? Why?
6. What are your bathroom storage requirements?
7. How does the space flow?
8. What are your must haves?
9. Wants vs. Needs vs. Wishes
Once you've answered these questions, you're ready for the next step which is digging into the details!