Yup you have heard of Christmas in July but did you know you really need to start thinking about Christmas in April? That is right. If you are expecting a house full of family and friends in November and December and you want the house dressed to impress now is the time. We know that temperatures are still dipping in to the 60s and summer is having a hard time making a debut but Christmas is on our minds at Acadian House Kitchen & Bath.
The average home renovation of a kitchen or a bath takes about 15 weeks to start. That is from developing the idea, to creating plans and purchasing the materials. Then once that is completed it takes on average 90 days to actually complete the construction. So to break that down means that it would take about 27 weeks from Pinterest board ideas until completion. And guess what, as you are reading this in mid-April there only 36 weeks until Christmas day!
So if you are thinking about a renovation as you are flipping through magazines, and pursuing Houzz and Pinterest, start thinking about converting those ideas into reality. Decking the halls in December is a lot more fun if you love the way the halls have been renovated.
Here is how it unfolds:
- Look for concept ideas on Houzz, Pinterest and magazines
- Contact Acadian House Kitchen & Bath
- Have an exploratory meeting to discuss goals, design ideas and budget
- Acadian House will create a design based on your feedback
- Finalize design
- Make selections for products and finishes
- Complete design portion
- Wait for products and finishes to arrive
- Construction begins
- Construction ends and you enjoy a beautiful holiday in your renovated space